Korean Grilled Beef & Herb Lettuce Wraps
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Time: 1 hr
- 1 ½ lbs organic grass-fed rib-eye steak
- ½ c soy sauce
- 3 T coconut sugar (or granulated sugar) + 1 T for finishing sauce
- ⅔ c beef bone broth (or hearty broth of any kind)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 t black pepper, ground
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 ½ T local honey
- 1 bosc pear, thinly sliced
- Redmond Real Salt, to taste
- 1 c sushi rice
- 1 c water
- 2 t seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Butter lettuce heads
- Pickled red onions
- Fresh herbs (mint, cilantro, thai basil, etc.)
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Scallions, chopped
- Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Chile flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, broth, garlic, scallions, pepper, sesame oil, honey, and pear. Stir steak into marinade and let sit for 20-30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Rinse rice until water runs clear. Pour rice into medium pot and combine with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to low and cook for 12-13 minutes. DO NOT lift the lid while cooking. Once finished, remove lid. Fluff rice and combine with vinegar.
- Sear steak on grill until browned and cooked to medium rare (130 degrees F). DO NOT discard the marinade.
- Let finished steak rest 5-10 minutes, then slice across the grain into ¼” thick strips.
- While steak is resting, pour marinade into a small saucepan and stir in 1 T of sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to desired consistency.
- Place a few slices of steak into the Butterhead leaves, spoon finished marinade over steak, and fill with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.