Looking to join our farm team? Let us know!
See below for open positions.
JOB: Farmyard Assistant
The Farmyard Assistant is a part-time, seasonal position at Snuck Farm and is a key player in all aspects of farmyard organic crop production. Farmyard maintenance is also required. The Farmyard Assistant will work with the entire team at Snuck Farm in carrying out the mission of the farm.
Be a force for good in our community while working to 1. Produce the freshest, highest quality food in the local market place. 2. Teach industrious ideas about life and food while promoting sustainable, community-based food production that benefits us all.
START DATE & HOURS:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 12-18 hours/week
Spring and Fall: Flexible hours
Weekends as requested
- Assists the Farmyard Manger in outdoor crop production using organic practices.
- Performs general farmyard tasks such as mulching, weeding, pruning, deadheading, irrigation repair, trellising, and cleaning.
- Applies fertilizer, compost and pest control using organic practices.
- Harvests and processes crops for customers
- Keeps records and reports crop health and yield data to Farmyard Manager.
- Assists with events happening at the farm as needed
- Works with customers on the farm as needed.
- Ideal candidate would be able to commit to the entire 2018 season (May-Sept).
- Must be 16 years or older
- Prior gardening, farming or plant experience is preferred but a good work ethic and willingness to learn are suitable substitutes.
- Utah Food Handlers Permit required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Manage time, and work quickly and precisely.
- Follow instructions, learn tasks and ask questions
- Ability to learn to identify plants, crops, and weeds in the farmyard.
- Must be comfortable working around farm animals
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Work on feet all day.
- Work, bend, kneel and squat in all weather conditions.
Job: Farmyard Assistant
Application Open Date: March 10th
Interviews will begin April 1st
Qualified Candidates please send resume and two references to:
Attention: Mariana Bills