February 4th, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
For centuries, people have used local grains and wild yeasts to create delicious and healthful sourdough bread. The process has gotten the reputation of being tricky, but it’s actually easy to do at home. Led by expert Greg Hall of Khorasan Mills, our Sourdough Bread workshop will walk you through the process. You’ll leave with new confidence - and a tasty loaf to take home and bake.
From 6:30-8:00 PM on February 4th, you’ll learn about why sourdough breads are healthier, and how to make a loaf that takes advantage of local and whole grains. Greg will navigate you through the ins and outs of caring for your sourdough starter, so you can take your knowledge and turn it into a regular bread-baking practice. Then, you’ll get hands-on practice making your very own loaf, as well as the recipe and starter you’ll need to duplicate your effort at home.
Please bring your own large mixing bowl, and a set of measuring cups and spoons.
What to expect:
- Engaging lessons about the history of sourdough
- Tips and tricks for making your own sourdough starter
- Individual samples of a delicious loaf of sourdough bread
- Hands-on practice mixing, kneading, and shaping a sourdough loaf
- Time for questions you have about making bread
- A recipe and sourdough starter to take home and use for future bread-baking